A Parliamentary briefing paper “Obesity Statistics” by Carl Baker, 20 January 2017, reports that men are more overweight than women, with 68% of men being classed as overweight or obese against 58% of women. But how many men do you know who are on a diet or attend slimming clubs? If the answer is not many, why do you think this is?
- Is it because it is more acceptable for a man to be overweight?
- Is it because men attend the gym instead of slimming clubs?
- Is it because men are embarrassed and don’t like to talk about it?
- Is it because men simply don’t care?
- Is it because men just get on and change their lifestyle without any support?
Although there are reasons that are unexplained, scientists have identified that men are at a greater risk of dying prematurely due to excess weight, they are at a higher risk of a diabetes diagnosis and have higher levels of dangerous liver fat.
If you are a male who is struggling with weight issues and are looking for support and guidance on your meal planning, my membership programmes are perfect for all the family. Please don’t suffer in silence, reach out to me offline. You can contact me any time.